The opportunity to pay income tax in instalments, rather than once per year, was introduced in 1941.
Entries for the 2021 Tax, Super + You competition have closed and the winners have been announced! A record number of high school students from around Australia did an amazing job at developing creative projects that highlight the value of tax and super.
There were two categories in the competition, Junior (Years 7–9) and Senior (Years 10–12) with the following prizes awarded in both categories:
- First prize winner – $600 plus $600 for their school
- Second prize winner – $400 plus $400 for their school
- Third prize winner – $300 plus $300 for their school
- People’s Choice Award winner – $600 plus $600 for their school.
Take a look at this video to watch judges Sally Bektas and Effie Zahos announce the winners.
- First prize – Elizabeth Webb (WA)
- Second prize – Alma-Mia Marret (VIC)
- Third prize – Miliana Callan (NSW)
- People’s Choice Award – Punara Samarakoor, Myla Fedhi and Nabila Khan (VIC)
- First prize – Sarah Bosboom (SA)
- Second prize – Chanel Bocman (NSW)
- Third prize – Hayley Truesdale and Marissa Murray (SA)
- People’s Choice Award – Alyssa Cunanan (VIC)
Stay tuned to the Tax, Super + You website for news about the 2022 competition!
Tax, Super + You teacher's kit
The Tax, Super + You competition supports learning outcomes in key subject areas. Plus, it’s a fun and exciting way to incorporate the Tax, Super + You teaching resources into classroom lesson plans.
Call us on 1300 130 282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org