The expenses of World War I were so great that the Commonwealth Government introduced three new taxes in 1917: an entertainment tax, a wartime profits tax and a bachelor tax that raised such a bitter protest that it was never put into operation.
Challenge quiz rules
- Each team chooses a topic and then chooses a question.
- Each team must start by answering one 100-point question correctly before moving to the higher point questions.
- If a team answers the question correctly, they score the allocated points.
- If a team answers the question incorrectly, the next team gets a chance to answer the same question.
- A team has one minute to answer the question. The team can use that time to consult and agree on a response before the nominated member provides the answer.
- A team must have a total score of 600 before they can attempt to answer a 500-point question.
- Your teacher may apply penalties for students who call out answers or interfere with other groups.
The quiz can be played by asking the following questions or by playing the Business challenge quiz online.
|Challenge quiz: Business tax|