'Bottom of the harbour' schemes were a form of tax avoidance used in Australia in the 1970s. The 'harbour' referred to was Sydney Harbour, which was near the financial district. Participation in the schemes was made a criminal offence in 1980.
- What is Tax, Super + You?
- Is Tax, Super + You aligned with the curriculum?
- Why is my old Tax, Super + You account not working?
- How do I request access to Tax, Super + You on behalf of my school?
- Why was my request for School Administrator access rejected?
- I am a Tax, Super + You School Administrator. If I go on leave or leave the school permanently, can I appoint another member of staff to become the new School Administrator?
- A teacher has left the school permanently. As School Administrator, what do I need to do?
- How do I create an account for a teacher at my school?
- How do I create a new class?
- How do I enrol my students into my class?
- How do my students enrol without the course email?
Tax, Super + You is an educational online resource provided free of charge by the ATO. Teachers can use this resource to help their students improve their understanding of the Australian tax and super systems.
The resource is a complete learning management system. Its content aligns to the Australian Curriculum, focusing on secondary school students in years 7 to 12.
The resource incorporates:
Tax, Super + You is aligned with the curriculum and these linkages can be explored using the resources below.
Tax, Super + You has been updated for 2015 and beyond.
Any account you had for Tax, Super + You before January 2015 no longer exists.
To obtain a school account, you will need to follow these steps:
Your request for School Administrator access will be rejected if we cannot verify your details provided in the request form.
If your request is rejected because we cannot verify your details, you will be given a new Student account in Tax, Super + You which you can access with the Username and password you entered.
Yes, you can.
As School Administrator, it’s important to have a smooth transition of Teachers leaving and entering Tax, Super + You courses to minimise disruption to students.
If the outgoing Teacher did not update their user profile and provide their username and password to the incoming Teacher, you will need to contact the ATO Help Desk. To allocate the incoming Teacher to the outgoing Teacher’s Tax, Super + You class/es, you will need to email the ATO Help Desk and provide the following details:
To create a Teacher account in Tax, Super + You for another teacher at your school you will need to follow these steps:
To create a new class for your students, follow these steps:
When you create a new class in Tax, Super + You, the system will send you an email with course details and registration instructions.
You need to send these details to your students to help them enrol into your class and also to register for Tax, Super + You if they have not already done so.
After your students have requested enrolment into your class, follow these steps:
If you do not have the email sent from Tax, Super + You when you created your class, you will need to follow these steps to enrol your students into your class:
ATO School Program
A superannuation investment prior to the time when an individual can withdraw funds.read more glossary terms