Women were employed for the first time at the ATO in 1917 as a result of the increased number of taxes due to the war and the loss of men to the war front.
Step 1 of 1
You overhear people's comments about tax-related issues while you're down the street. Do you agree with them?
Comment on these statements overheard in the street.
- 'If you want an education, you should pay for it.'
- 'Why should I pay tax?'
- 'Why does the government put taxes on various things?
- 'It's best not to know too much about tax because if I don't, I can't get in trouble if I get it wrong.'
- 'Everyone should pay some tax, even low-income people, because everybody benefits.'
- 'Rich people might pay more tax, but they get much more back from the government than poorer people.'
- 'If you're a student with a part-time job you shouldn't have to pay any income tax.'
Add your opinions to this forum: