Fixing a tax problem

Step 1 of 5

Solving tax problems

If you need to make a change to a tax return you have submitted, you can request an amendment. If you believe the ATO has made an incorrect assessment, you can lodge an objection.

  • Fact 9

    The Australian Taxation Office started as the Commissioner of Land Tax in 1910 with a dozen employees. It was based in the Department of Treasury, situated in Melbourne, which was the seat of the Commonwealth Parliament until 1927.

Income tax

The amount of tax paid on taxable income.

read more glossary terms