The first taxes in Australia were raised to help pay for the completion of Sydney's first gaol and provide for the orphans of the colony. Import taxes were put on spirits, wine and beer.
Don’t worry! The Tax, Super + You system can resend your username and reset your password. Just follow these easy steps:
- On the Tax, Super + You Home page, click on ‘Login’ on the top right of the page.
- You are now on the Login screen. Click on ‘Forgot username or password?’. The system can search for your details using your Username or your email address.
- Enter your Username or email address and click the ‘Submit’ button. You will receive a message confirming that an email has been sent to your email address with instructions to update password.
- Open the email and click on the link or copy and paste it to your browser. This will log you into Tax, Super + You.
- You will be required to enter a new password to continue using Tax, Super + You. When finished, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on ‘Save’. You will receive confirmation that your password has been changed.
Australia's tax system works on self-assessment. When a taxpayer completes their income tax return, they must show all of their income and only claim allowable deductions and tax offsets to which they are entitled. The ATO issues a notice of assessment based on the information provided in the tax return.read more glossary terms