As overseas travel became more common in the 1960s, the ATO stopped issuing tax clearance certificates (which had previously reminded Australians planning on travel that they must ensure they had paid all tax owed prior to leaving the country).
Don’t worry! The Tax, Super + You system can resend your username and reset your password. Just follow these easy steps:
- On the Tax, Super + You Home page, click on ‘Login’ on the top right of the page.
- You are now on the Login screen. Click on ‘Forgot username or password?’. The system can search for your details using your Username or your email address.
- Enter your Username or email address and click the ‘Submit’ button. You will receive a message confirming that an email has been sent to your email address with instructions to update password.
- Open the email and click on the link or copy and paste it to your browser. This will log you into Tax, Super + You.
- You will be required to enter a new password to continue using Tax, Super + You. When finished, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on ‘Save’. You will receive confirmation that your password has been changed.
Gross income, including salary and wages, dividends, interest and rent before any deductions are allowed. Assessable income also includes net capital gains and other amounts that are not ordinarily classed as income.read more glossary terms