In 1705, Emperor Peter I of Russia instituted a beard tax. Those who paid the tax were required to carry a 'beard token'. This was a copper or silver token inscribed with 'the tax has been taken' and 'the beard is a superfluous burden'.
If you do not have the email sent from Tax, Super + You when you created your class, you will need to follow these steps to enrol your students into your class:
- Log into your Tax, Super + You account.
- Click on the 'Manage classes' link in the 'Admin Quicklinks' block on the Home page.
- Click on the Title of your class and copy the address link from the address bar.
- Paste this course link into an email to your students and refer them to the 'For Students' FAQ How do I enrol into my teacher's class? for instructions on registering and enrolling.
- Refer to the 'For Teachers' FAQ How do I enrol my students into my class? for instructions on enrolling your students into your class.
Individuals who are Australian residents for taxation purposes pay no tax on the first $18,200 taxable income for the full financial year. This is called the tax-free threshold. They may claim the tax-free threshold from one employer only. Non-residents cannot claim the tax-free threshold.read more glossary terms