Women were employed for the first time at the ATO in 1917 as a result of the increased number of taxes due to the war and the loss of men to the war front.
It's easy! You can quickly get your new Student account by following these steps:
- Click on the 'New Student' button on the Home screen.
- Choose and enter a Username.
- Enter your email address. (You'll need to be able to access this email address if you ever need to get Tax, Super + You to send your password to you.)
- Enter your first name and last name.
- Click on the 'Create New Account' button to complete the registration process.
If you need help enrolling into your teacher's class, see the 'For Students' FAQ How do I enrol into my teacher's class?
A unique number issued by the ATO to individuals and organisations to increase the efficiency in administering tax and other Australian Government systems, such as income support payments.read more glossary terms