The introduction of electronic lodgement of tax forms in the late 1980s not only reduced the time it took to send out returns from ten weeks to two weeks but had a significant impact on the incidence of repetitive strain injury among data processors at the ATO.
It's easy! You can quickly get your new Student account by following these steps:
- Click on the 'New Student' button on the Home screen.
- Choose and enter a Username.
- Enter your email address. (You'll need to be able to access this email address if you ever need to get Tax, Super + You to send your password to you.)
- Enter your first name and last name.
- Click on the 'Create New Account' button to complete the registration process.
If you need help enrolling into your teacher's class, see the 'For Students' FAQ How do I enrol into my teacher's class?
An extra amount payable by some taxpayers in addition to the Medicare levy. A taxpayer may have to pay the surcharge if they do not have the appropriate level of private hospital cover with a health fund and their Medicare levy surcharge income exceeds the threshold.read more glossary terms